High-level conference “United for Justice” – regarding the crimes against children and the destruction of their identity
Arthur Axmann, leader of Hitlerjugend from 1940 to 1945, after the Nuremberg Tribunal was sentenced to only 3 years and died peacefully in 1996. It was he who sent 600.000 children to the defense of Berlin, when it no longer made any sense. They de-facto were fanatically defending the propagandistic ideas that were planted in their minds. I appeal to everyone – we must prevent those guilty in indoctrinating 1 million Ukrainian children from going unpunished.Valentyna Potapova, head of the PO CCE “Almenda”
On March 3-5, the “United for Justice” international conference was held in Lviv in the format of a “Legal Rammstein”, which was attended by the general prosecutors and ministers of justice of the countries of the world, representatives of Great Britain, United States of America, European Union, including European Commissioner for Justice Didier Reynders, and the president of Eurojust Ladislaw Hamran, and others.
One of the panels at the #U4J conference was dedicated to the topic “Children – victims of the destruction of the Ukrainian identity by Russia”, to which our organization was invited.
For already 9 years, our organization has been recording the process of militarization and destruction of the identity of children in the occupied territories in Crimea, and since the beginning of the full-scale invasion – we record these processed in the newly occupied territories in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia region, as well as recording documenting six “grave violations” committed by Russia against Ukrainian children in conditions of military
Therefore, during this panel, our head – Valentyna Potapova spoke about the militarization and indoctrination of children in the occupied territories.
The main theses of our organization:
- Russia has created a system of “re-education” of Ukrainian children and youth, which is a direct violation of the norms of Geneva convention and the norms of International Human Rights law.
- Already today, 10 components (instruments) can be identified, by which Russia is destroying the identity of children in the occupied territories:
- Prohibition of native language in education;
- Prohibition of teaching history of Ukraine, distortion of historical events in order to portray Ukraine and its allies as enemies;
- Implementation of Russian standards of education, in which the main personal result is to “to form the Russian civic identity”;
- Replacement of teachers or their full re-training according with the Russian standards (see point 3);
- Introduction of mandatory ideological lessons, such as “Conversations about the important”, “Lessons of Courage” with the following theses:
“Russia’s Special Military Operation in Ukraine is conducted with the aim of ending this war”;
- Organization of military-patriotic camps with thematic sessions;
- Opening of cadet classes (there are already more than 128 such classes in the occupied Crimea);
- A rapid increase in the number of members of the youth military-patriotic organization “Young Army” (there are already more than 30.000 members in the occupied Crimea, branches have been opened in Henichesk, Melitopol);
- Opening of representative offices or new patriotic children’s and youth organizations;
- Unveiling of commemorative plaques and “desks of heroes” at schools dedicated to the Russian soldiers who died during the full-scale invasion o the Russian Federation into the territory of Ukraine.
We are extremely glad that today, the problem of the destruction of children’s Ukrainian identity and their militarization is heard more and more frequently and loudly on such international platforms. We thank Viktoria Litvinova, Daria Herasymchuk, Tamar Tomashvili for such an important panel. And great gratitude to the Office of the Prosecutor General and Andriy Kostin for organizing this conference, thanks to which, we are sure, the process of bringing Russia to justice for all crimes committed against Ukraine will be accelerated.